1996 was a successful year for Human Communications and we would like to thank all of our customers and industry partners who made this possible. Our mission is to help companies to design and market highly competitive products and provide advice on emerging trends in telecommunications technology. We would like to share with our customers and contacts some of the highlights of 1996 in our various lines of business.
- The ITU-T Study Group 8 has approved T.33, a fax routing standard (James Rafferty was editor)
- We submitted a contribution on behalf of EMA to improve handling of Object Identifiers into T.434 Binary File Transfer recommendation; Version 2 of T.434 is now approved.
- As editor of the ECTF Fax Working Group, James led a team which developed two open software APIs for computer telephony applications. The resulting work is included in the ECTF S.100 Media Services API, revision 1, approved in March, 1996.
- We have been a consistent contributor to work on adding new fax signals , extended G3 negotiations and enhanced Binary File Transfer to the Group 3 fax recommendations.
- We have been an active participant in the Internet Fax work during its formative stages; James co-chaired the Dec. 1996 Internet Fax "Birds of a Feather" meeting.
- Our joint venture with Genoa Technology continues to be well received. During 1996, we held 5 public and private classes and educated about 80 participants in the fundamentals of Group 3 fax technology. In 1997, we plan to add coverage of V.34 fax technology.
- James led the half day executive briefing on standards at the GIGA FaxWorld. He also spoke on standards at EMA 96 and at the TIA/IOC 96 conference.. Numerous customized briefings on technical and business issues were also held at client sites.
- Human Communications Digest is now in its 5th year of publication. It is considered the leading authority on the latest developments on fax and related standards and technology.
- The first Human Communication Standards Update on Fax Routing was just published.
We would like to thank all of our client companies in the fax and telecommunications industry for helping us to grow along with you. We extend best wishes for a happy and prosperous year in 1997.
Home | What's New?
| About HC | Publications and
Services | Order Forms
Publications | Consulting Services | Fax Class Info | Fax Glossary | Press Releases